GE / EN
Information Portal
Society
News|Politics|Society|Art|Economy|Crime|Army|Sport|Science|Interview
The U.S. Department of State: Georgian law and policies protect religious freedom
11:51 01.08.2012
Day News

The U.S. Department of State published International Religious Freedom Report for 2011, which covers Georgia too.

“The constitution and other laws and policies protect religious freedom and, in practice, the government generally respected religious freedom. The government demonstrated a trend toward improvement in respect for and protection of the right to religious freedom”, - is said in the report.

The report also touches on religious demography of Georgia: “

“Most ethnic Georgians 84 percent of the population associate with the GOC. The other 16% are representatives of the Armenian Apostolic Church, the Roman Catholic Church, Judaism, and Islam. Overall, 10 percent of the population is Muslim. As for small sects, they are 1% of all the population”.

The report also underlines the fact that no facts of religious freedom violations by the government have been observed. 

internet.ge 

აღდგომის დღეებში, სასწრაფო სამედიცინო დახმარების ცენტრში 6290 გამოძახება დაფიქსირდა
ცოლის მკვლელობისთვის ბრალდებულს 11 წელი მიესაჯა
სამეგრელოში ხე-ტყის უკანონო ტრანსპორტირების ფაქტი გამოვლინდა
"თურქეთში ჩატარებული რეფერენდუმის შედეგები დიქტატორად არ გადამაქცევს"
Mikheil Saakashvili to be presented at the NATO Assembly session as the major speaker
Georgia hosts a conference of the International Association of Presidents of the World Universities
The 4th Tbilisi International Theatre Festival to be opened today
Mikheil Saakashvili: Georgia’s budget is full (Video)
Zurab Chiaberashvili: threats on the “United National Movement” members continue
Russia to receive “Mistrals” in two years
Ketsbaia named participants of matches with Finland and Belarus
The robot Running by the Nasa landed on Mars
Topic day
Statement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Georgia on the 21th round of the Geneva International Discussions
Participants from Georgia strongly protested against the multiple cases of illegal incursion into the Georgian air-space by the Russian aircraft during the last several months.
Most Popular
Read Shared Watched/Listened
The U.S. Department of State: Georgian law and policies protect religious freedom1
A small number of people on Kutaisi rally made leaders of “Georgian dream” upset2
Gia Khukhashvili to make a special statement regarding his decision to leave “Georgian dream”3
“National Movement” will no longer have Majority Deputy Candidate in Khashuri4
Georgia hosts a conference of the International Association of Presidents of the World Universities5
NewsPoliticsSocietyArtEconomicsCrimeArmySportScienceInterviewRegionPhoto reportage
 
10a Akhmeteli str., 0159 Tbilisi, Georgia. Tel.: (995 32) 2 200 111, 577 208 612, 577 208 452. email: [email protected]
 
Your Like on Facebook X